Our kids and students have been working hard fundraising for camp and selling tickets to the Rochester Rhinos soccer game on Saturday, May 9th. For every $10 ticket that we sell, we get $5 from the Rhinos! All completed ticket packets must be dropped off at EGC this Sunday (April 26th).
Here are 5 reasons why we’d love you to join us at the Rochester Rhinos soccer game:
- You get to watch a live soccer game. (Game kicks off at 7:05pm at Sahlen’s Stadium, 460 Oak Street, Rochester, NY 14608)
- You get to bless a kid by helping him/her get to summer camp.
- You get to hang out with other awesome families.
- You get to bless a parent by helping him/her pay for summer camp.
- You get to eat pizza before the game. (Yes! Pizza Hut, at 3120 Winton Road South, Rochester, NY 14623, is setting up their buffet at 5pm just for us! Adults: $6.99 pizza and salad bar, Kids: $5.49 pizza and salad bar, 3 and under free.)
You can purchase tickets or donate online by Sunday, April 26th by clicking this link. When asked for the “Name of Student Supporting,” enter the name of a child you know who’s going to Camp Judah or simply choose “where needed most.” Tickets will arrive via mail from the Rochester Rhinos the week before the game.
Take a look below to see what our Kids Ministry is teaching this week!
In the 34’s classrooms: I Can Obey God – Two by Two
Talk About It: We can obey God by doing what He tells us to do. Just like Noah, we need to do things just the way God tells us to.
Bible Connection: “Noah did everything the Lord commanded him to do.” Genesis 7:5
Challenge for families: Each night when you pray with your child, thank God for protecting all the animals and for protecting us when we are scared.
In the 5K’s classrooms: I Can Do What is Right – Save God’s People!
Talk About It: Moses did what was right by obeying God and choosing to go back to Egypt. We can do what’s right and obey God, too!
Bible Connection: “…Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable…” Philippians 4:8
Challenge for families: Throughout the week, talk to your child about how well you are doing following God’s lead. Be honest and transparent and really listen to God.
In the Grade School classroom: Put Others First – God’s Love Isn’t Selfish
This week’s main point: God’s love isn’t selfish.
Memory Verse: ”Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves.” Philippians 2:3
Challenge for kids: Ask God to give love for others and the courage to be selfless.